In the early 1960s, two motorcycle racers, Ken Johnson and Norm McDonald (K&N) developed a ground-breaking new idea for an air filter. After experimenting with numerous types of filter media, they discovered that an oiled cotton design allowed the filter to not only capture contaminants very efficiently, but also allowed it to be washed and reused, and the original K&N High-Flow Air Filter was born. Five decades later, K&N is still innovating industry-leading filtration technology. In addition to performance air filters, K&N® now manufactures a variety of other protection and performance products, including air intake systems, oil filters & fuel filters, with a reputation for exceptional quality and customer service.
K&N off-road replacement air filters are ideal for extended use in dirty and dusty off-road riding and provide clean carburetion even at high altitude. Generally, no jet changes are required with just a K&N filter element. K&N replacement air filters are washable and reusable and provide high air-flow with excellent filtration.
- Designed to provide increased horsepower and acceleration
- Pleated cotton media provides a large filtration area offering low restriction, high-capacity and long service intervals
- Multiple layers of woven cotton gauze media offer excellent filtration
- Fits directly into OEM airbox with an application-specific sealing bead ensuring a precise fit
- No fuel management modifications are required to obtain increased performance
- Washable & reusable, most are pre-oiled and ready to ride
- Filter Material: Cotton Gauze
- Height: 11.063in (281mm)
- Inside Diameter: 2.5in (64mm)
- Outside Diameter: 5in (127mm)
- Washable: Yes
- Flange Inside Diameter: 2.469in (63mm)
- Flange Length: 0.563in (14mm)
- Filter Re-Oiling Amount: 4.64oz (137ml)